Windows Virtual PC is a virtualization program for Microsoft Windows operating systems, and an emulation program for Mac OS X on PowerPC-based systems. The newest release, Windows Virtual PC, is available only for Windows 7 hosts.
Why use virtual PC?
- It gives the ability to use different operating system on same machine at same time.
- Virtual PC can access all the hardware of the host operating system
System requirements [System requirements for Windows Virtual PC]
- 1+ GHz processor (32- or 64-bit)
- 1.25 GB memory required (2 GB recommended)
- Additional 15 GB of hard disk space per virtual Windows environment recommended
- A processor with Hardware Assisted Virtualization Technology, to make better performance.
Click here to download Virtual PC and install on host operating system.
Create a new virtual machine
Select Name and location of virtual PC
Select Operating system
Assign Memory of the guest operating system
1. Using the recommended RAM
2. Adjusting RAM
Select Virtual Hard drive
1. Existing hard drive
2. New Virtual hard disk
Completing new Virtual machine wizard
Select Virtual PC network settings
If cannot connect to the network card, please folow below steps
Start Virtual PC and enjoy Virtualization with Microsoft Virtual PC.