I had a problem activating my windows 7 professional. while installation i had entered a correct key but when i try to activate window, it gave me following error.
DNS name does not exist
i thought it would be problem with Microsoft window activation server.
i kept trying on it but there was no result at all.
simple, re-enter key and click on activate now, and you are done.
how to do it.
- Right click on my computer
- click on properties, i will present with a windows information screen,
- on bottom you will see Windows Activation part
- you will see a Product ID: xxxxx-xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxx Change Product Key
- click on change product key and enter new key and click on next and activate it.
you are done Image:
This solved my problem.
should you have any issues do post here and i will try my best to find out solution.